Thursday, October 18, 2012

Throwback Thursdays: When The Girls Came Home!

I can't believe it is Thursday already! Anyway, it is throwback Thursday where I go back in time when my girls were newborn, or anything that comes to mind that is the past and showcase it. It seems that ever since I had children, I am more of aware of all the mothers that are pregnant or with children. For example, the area in Manhattan, where I work, I see nothing but strollers, pregnant women and my favorite, yup, you guessed it, TWINS! Every time I see newborns, it makes me reminisce of when my girls were that young and the first time I brought them home.

The Story...Summarized Version

I have told this story a thousand times, but, it never gets old. Monday, July 18, 2011, I went to the hospital to start monitoring the girls hearts when the nurse told me that I was having contractions. Now, I was on bedrest for two months already due to my cervix opening at 24 weeks. So, the nurses and my doctor told me that I had to stay overnight. Tuesday, July, 19, 2011, my cervix was 3cm. I was going to deliver at 32 weeks and one day via c-section. At 6PM, Mya was born but she was not breathing so they had to suction some of the liquid out and then five seconds later, she was screaming! She weighed 3lbs 9oz. 6:01PM, Milani was born, screaming! She was not thrilled to be out of the womb early. She weighed 3lbs 1oz. They stayed in the NICU for less a month. They were breathing on their own the next day, all they needed to do was learn how to feed and gain weight.


Mya Came Home First
Then Milani a week later

Together at Last

0 comments:

Post a Comment